Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Penguin Card Tutorial

Read the instructions below to make a cute card that sits up all by itself:

1. Start by cutting an 8 1/2 X 11 in. sheet of cardstock in half length wise.
     Your finished card base should measure 4 1/2 X 11 in.
2. After cutting your cardstock, you fold the card in half.
3. Open the card back up and fold only one side edge to the center.
     Do not fold both side edges.
4. Then, I fold the card back in half, like this and fold the top fold to a point.
5. Open the card back up and it looks like this.
6. Now you stamp an image on the unfolded side of the card.
    *I used the Polar Party clear mount stamp set from Stampin' up.

Clear mounted stamps help when you are trying to line up an image.
*Be sure that the bottom of your stamped image is not below the fold lines.
See how the bottom of my trees are just above the fold.
7. After stamping the trees, I colored them with colored pencils.
    I added a little light blue to the bottom of the card for ice.
8. Cut around the side trees and tops of all of them.
  9. Stamp a bunch of penguins. (I call this a penguin parade.)
10. Cut out each penguin.
11. Attach the penguin to the card with a Stampin' Dimension 
      (a small foam dot that pops the penguin off the card and adds dimension.)
12. Stamp a few snowflakes here and there.  Add a saying on the triangle under the fold.
13. Optional: use GLAZE embossing pens to accent the red Christmas bulbs   
     and penguin's scarf.  I also used a little of the white pen on top of the  
     light blue pencil colored ice beneath the trees and penguin.
    *This is an amazing product.  It is Encore 3-D Ink.  No heating necessary   
    for embossing.  Just write on and let dry for a beautiful, eye-popping 
    effect.  I think I ordered mine from Blue Ridge Stamp Company.
    Take a look, below, at the difference it makes.

Now you have a fun and beautiful card, sure to please the recipient.
I know it brings a smile to my face.


No comments: