Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Card Chaos


Every year, a few weeks before Christmas, I begin making my cards 
(I know, I should start earlier.  That is what I tell myself every year).
This involves getting out all the supplies and making a huge mess. 
Anyone who dares visit my house during this time will see the mess it makes. 
How many should I make?
I believe I made around 185 this year 
and had about 60 leftovers from the past.
I love to stamp, but fail to find time to do it anymore.
Stampin' Up has come out with so many wonderful products to use.
Like the bird paper punch 
and the pointsettia embossing plate used for this card.
I made these especially because my mom loves the birds.
On the inside is a reminder again of why we celebrate Christmas.
It all comes down to God sending His Son to die for our sins.

These two cards are creations from past Christmases.
They are some of my favorite to send to family.

Below is one of the newest cards I made this year.
The penguin is not very spiritual, but he is cute and fun!
See the Penguin card tutorial in the next post.

Out of all the cards I made this year, this one is my favorite.
It is also much more elegant & beautiful than the picture shows.
The Lord blessed me by being able to find the card base & envelopes very cheap at the craft store.
The shinning diamonds that make the star is cut from a roll of sticky ribbon.
They really make the card.  Below is what the insides look like.
Christ is what makes my Christmas.
I wonder how many people in this world 
realize what Christmas is really about?
As I sat and wrote out my cards this year, 
I praised the Lord over each mission supporter, 
friend and family member that He has given me.
It took a long time to write out those cards.
Sometimes it seems never-ending, doesn't it?

I hope you take time to write a sweet sentiment to your card receivers.
Take time to pray for them as your write.
Card writing may be chaos sometimes, but the rewards are far more valuable.

I just love receiving letters in the mail.
It is especially thrilling when I get a handmade card.
I know that person took the time to make that card especially for me.
Time is valuable, but investments are lasting! 

No comments: