Thursday, February 9, 2012

Dresden Design project #3 - Lovely Lampshade

Dresden lampshade
This is a fun project that anyone can do in a short amount of time.
I had an old lampshade that I wanted to dress-up with SU's new Dresden Design die.
(If you do not have the Dresden Design, you can cut out your own Dresden pattern. 
Go to http://www.patternsfromhistory.com/colonial_revival/dresden-pattern.htm to print out the pattern.)


My lampshade is covered in SU Designer scrapbooking paper.  
It is a 2-sided paper, so I was able to use both sides 
(isn't it great that they are made to coordinate with eachother!).

To make your lampshade - 
1. cut dresden pieces using 2- 12x12 pieces of scrapbook paper.
    (You could also use a fabric instead.  I made two sizes. 
2. lay your paper pieces on the lampshade with smaller ones on top of large.
3. when you know that you have enough pieces, just pin them in place 
    (I did this so I can change it later, but you may want to glue it down if it is to be permanent.)


Since I am not a "pink" person, I made this one for display. 
After I take it off display, I will recover it with my colors.




For more ideas for the Dresden plate design search this blog 
and stay tuned for a few more amazing things you can do with this pattern.


Linking up with:
Jenny Matlock: Alphabe-Thursday

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute is that? So crafty are you... ok, channeled my inner Yoda there:-)

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Very pretty and a good way to repurpose an old lamp shade.

anitamombanita said...

very clever.

21 Wits said...

That sure is a fascinating and creative lamp shade!

Annesphamily said...

Oh this is sweet! I am always looking for new ideas because we recently changed our bedroom to red from black and white. I need a change for my favorite little lamp! Enjoy the weekend! Anne

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

very nice thanks for sharing

Jenny said...

This is such a neat idea. You could even adapt it somewhat for those candelstick type lights!

What a lovely post!

Thank you for sharing it!

A+