Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dresden Design #4 - Large Paper Flowers

I know, you are thinking "another project with the Dresden Plate, really????"
Yes, really!!!
As you can see, all I did was cut out both a large and small Dresden Design pattern 
using SU Ridinghood Red paper.



The centers and under leaf are made from:
Basic Black, So Saffron (a pale yellow), and Old Olive (an off green) paper.

The shapes for the centers are made with a SU flower die for the Sizzix Big Shot, 
but you could use any flower paper punch.
First, I attached the center of the flower together by building the paper center 
and then putting a jumbo silver brad through the entire center piece.
After that, I hot glued 5 red Dreden petals to the center
(see how I matched the large petals with the way the green center petals go).

When the center is attached to the petals, then you can hot glue
 the bottom leaves under the flower
(be sure to only glue the center, so that you can fold the leaves down).
Putting this piece under the flower also helps to stablize it.
When my flowers were made, I just simply attached them to some artificial stems 
that I used from some old silk flowers.
Now you have beautiful handmade paper flowers that your friends may try to steal.

For more projects that use the Dresden Design click the links below:

No comments: