Thursday, February 9, 2012

Easy Gift Idea #3 - Recordable Picture Frame

Did you know that Stampin' Up sells recordable cards?
Recordable cards are so much fun, but most of the time they eventually get stuffed in a drawer somewhere.

I like to give gifts to people that bless their lives.
So, I came up with the idea to make my own recordable picture frames.

In just a few short months I will be moving from the USA to South Africa.  
I know that once I am there, 
I will miss hearing the voices of my family and friends.  
God has blessed me with so many amazing people in my life.
If I could record everyone's voice with a special message I would.

Anyway, here is how you too can make a recordable picture frame.

I usually take the SU recordable card and cover the front with a piece of  cardstock and clear plastic (I cut up a page protector).
Be sure to leave the top open like a pocket so the picture can be replaced.
Now you can make the frame.


First, measure your picture frame.
Then, I put together what looks like a scrapbook page to fit the frame.
Just add the paper layers, colors and wording that you want.


Now place the page into the frame.


I like to add puffy sticker letters on top of the glass
to make the frame even more three-dimensional.


Then use Stampin Up's Red Sticky Strip to adhere the recordable card 
to the glass of the picture frame.
(You'll love this tape, it sticks to everything!)


I cut flower centers out of the scrapbook paper,
place them on dimensionals,
ans press them onto the flowers.
*Be careful when you press all of these things onto the glass.
If you press too hard it will break (speaking from experience).


Now add a tab to open the card
and
your favorite picture to go in the frame.


Your frame is finished, as soon as, you record a saying in your card.
(Just follow the instructions on the package.)

Hopefully, this will inspire you to capture some memories of your own.

No comments: