Monday, January 30, 2012

Stampin Up's New DRESDEN DESIGN Die

This is my new die for my Big Shot.
It is called Dresden Design.

Usually people use a Dresden to make these beautiful quilt pieces.
quilt designs
 To make a Dresden plate, you normally have to hand cut all of the pieces.
That is why I like my new Big Shot Die, I can cut 8 layers of cotton fabric at one time.

It can also be used to make many other things, 
like the following pictures.

Take a look at the many different projects you can make with these beautiful curvy pieces.
paper flowers
 I just love using a new tool, especially when it works so well.
covered lampshade
 I guess that is how God feels.
He must really delight in using us, when we are doing our very best for His glory.
Dresden trees & snowman
 When we are so in tune with Him,
and spiritually sharp,
He can use us to share His Word, which cuts to the heart.
Dresden tree picture & snowman
 God can use us to make something beautiful out of nothing.
Dresden bird
After all, that is exactly what He has done in my life.
He has taken someone who is worthless and has made something useful.
I hope that you too, have allowed God to change your life.

 2Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: 
old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 
Dresden Whale
With God, the possibilities for your life are endless.

This great new tool has also given me many possibilities.
In the next few posts, I will attempt to show you how I made these great projects.

If you do not have the new Dresden Design die for the Big Shot from Stampin Up,
It shares the history behind the Dresden pattern, differant Dresden variations, and if you click on the Dresden Plate PDF you can print off your own pattern.

Happy Crafting!

No comments: