Sunday, January 22, 2012

How to Make a Paper Wreath

I have always wanted to make a wreath with scrapbook paper.
 I pulled some supplies out that I have been holding onto.
The base of the wreath was a foam wreath that I bought at the Dollar Tree.
 To get a rounded wreath, I first wrapped the base with quilt batting.
Then I cut 2 - 12 x 12 Stampin' Up Designer series paper into 3 x 12 inch sections.
Cut a fringe around one side of each strip.
 The best way to secure the pieces is to hot glue them in place.
Other adhesives will not stick to foam or quilt batting.
Start by wrapping each piece onto the base one at a time. 
 Overlap each paper strip with the fringed side on top.
When you get all the way around, just tuck the last piece in.
You will have gaps between the paper, 
so use the leftover pieces to fill in under the big strips.
I just love the birch looking paper!
To decorate the wreath I just cut out a 
few different sized pointsettias from some other SU  paper.
The centers are made of SU Chocolate Chip cordoroy button brads 
and some SU vintage ribbon.
Voila!
Here is my finished paper Christmas wreath!
You can see this wreath at the Creativi-Tea!
If you can't be there, that's okay.
I will be posting projects all this week.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

What a fun idea!! I wish I could see those flowers closer!!! NEAT!!