Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Paper Fishes & Chalkboard Art

For a while now, I have admired those beautiful school of fishes
 that I see people making on pinterest.

I don't really have a fish theme going on at my house, so there was never a reason to make them.

It was just a dream until now.


Mission's Conference was upon us 
and the theme was -
"Fishers of Men"


What better way to portray the millions of lost souls out in the world
than a school of fish!!!


My internet was off for the bajillionth time,
so I spent a few hours at church getting caught up on my 
communications and cutting out my massive schools of fish.


I found the pattern for the fish on this website.

I thought they would be hard to make, but they were super easy.
For the blue fish, I used double sided wrapping paper
and the brown fish were made from the craft roll the wrapping paper was on.
(Thrifty, huh!)
I Stamped the craft paper with a Stampin Up "Canvas" background stamp
 in SU Brilliant Blue ink.

Then, I used sticky tac (or as they say here "press stick")
to put my school in place.
I love the way thier tails just naturally go to one side or the other!


They were so easy, that I traced my fish patterns
onto some doublesided scrapbook paper
and took them to Junior church
where the children cut out & put together thier own fishes.
I added a salvation verse to the fishes and then attached them
to a skewer with a piece of thread.

It was so cute to see thier happy smiles 
and to hear them sing "I Will Make You Fisher's of Men".





No comments: